GOOD NEWS PEOPLE!
GoodNewsPeople is a dynamic parish-wide program that offers a way to explore the call of the New Evangelization. Through an engaging small-group process of prayer, reflection, and action, GoodNewsPeople explores and deepens our call to discipleship.
Each of the fourteen sessions includes prayer, reflection on Sacred Scripture, inspiring stories of “good news people,” focus on a virtue of the week, and woven through it all, opportunities for sharing in dialogue.
- 14 small-group sessions: 2 seasons of 7 sessions
- 2-hour long sessions
- Parish-wide program Kick-off and Closing Celebration
- Immersion experience and follow up
Goals of the Program:
- To engage participants in their Catholic FAITH as they share in prayer, reading of Sacred Scripture, spiritual practices, and dialogue;
- To communicate HOPE as participants explore the possibilities that a faithful commitment to the gospel call to be “good news to the poor” can bring;
- To open hearts to a greater LOVE by encountering the biblical witness of Jesus in the Gospels and that of everyday people who have chosen the path of love as they respond to Luke 4:18-19.
Meet other parishioners and experience a greater sense of purpose and belonging. You can form groups in a variety of ways. Gather some folks, form a group, and sign up today! A sampling of group options include:
- Intergenerational Groups
- Young Adults
- Newly Married
- Parents with Young Children
- Working Professionals
- Actively Retired
- Widows and Widowers
- New Parishioners
- And more…
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to let the oppressed go free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
– Luke 4:18-19